I have a Mac 580 that was new in the fall.  It "forgot" that it
had a CD drive in it.  I called customer support, and they gave
me instructions for 3 different things to try.  The second of
the instructions worked, and it involved pressing certain keys
something like 7 times.  Of course, I threw those directions
away after it was up and running again.  Now, it's forgotten
again! (Do computers get Alzheimers?  It's so YOUNG!)  I called
Apple support again yesterday, and was given different
instructions, (restarting with all extensions off, checking
folders, etc.)  Anybody have any ideas or solutions?

--
Kathy Lafferty
klaffert@pen.k12.va.us

LM_NET Archive Home