Hello from the new elementary DODEA school librarian on Guam. I don't have
it officially until tomorrow at noon but at 11:30 last night they called
me...I am so happy though sorry to disappoint Finegayan.

I thought I would tell this group the *story* of the interview to let you
newbies know that, though things don't always go well in the interview, you
can still get the job!

I interviewed with DoDEA a week ago Thursday. I was there about 15 minutes
early.  A principal from another DODEA elementary school (in Japan), pulled
me right in. We talked for about 1.5 hours. In the end, he shook his head
and said,"I'm sorry. Mrs. Cassidy, but I cannot in good faith recommend you
for this position." My heart dropped to the floor.

"Why? Did I say something wrong?"

"No, the fact is I want you to come to my school and be MY librarian!!"

Of course, he was just kidding. He said he would recommend me for the
position and I'd be notified next week.

The funny part:

Halfway through the interview I looked down at my bag and saw an enormous
cockroach coming toward it. I casually reached down and flipped the cover
closed hoping it wouldn't go in. Well, it didn't! It ran around the bag and
onto my skirt ends on the floor!! I (trying to be cool) stood up and
explained what I was doing. He jumped up and lifted the table cloth. The
danged thing ran across his shoe and toward the next cubicle. It stopped in
the middle of the floor and I was able to display my disciplinary tactics.
I ordered it out of the room and it went. Then we sat and waited for the
screams from the next room!!

He came around and helped me pick up my spilled bag. My book fell right
into his hand!! He was so impressed. He took one with him and said he would
be in touch for copies for his library!!

Best to all......

Slainte! Guam is 15 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (USA) --
Living' in the future -- ain't Life grand!

T. K. Cassidy, MLIS -      Plans are made for the changing :-)
                                          tkc@kuentos.guam.net
NOTE NEW SITE:::   http://virtualguam.com/BIZ/tkc
 :: Want to know more about Guam? Check out <http://virtualguam.com>!  ::
 ::    ...the most popular Guam-related server on the internet!!!      ::
 ::  eGUAM - debuting 8/8  ::

Calculated mischief is invigorating ;-)

 To quit LM_NET (or set NOMAIL or DIGEST), Send an email message to:
 listserv@listserv.syr.edu          In the message write either:
 1)  SIGNOFF LM_NET         or
 2)  SET LM_NET NOMAIL      or
 3)  SET LM_NET DIGEST