        Thanks to everyone for the names you've offered.  I saw a lot of
old favorites and found some new ones to read, too.
        Here are some authors I'd like to recommend:  Carolyn G. Hart
(sleuth owns a mystery bookstore), Laurie B. King (particularly the ones
set in the present time, such as A Grave Talent), Sarah Dunant, Mollie
Hardwick, Linda Barnes, Kate Charles, Ruth Rendell (the psychological
darker side), Martha Grimes.
                                        Sandy Grasfield

LM_NET Archive Home