To share with your science teachers.  No, I don't
have a verifiable source for these, so please don't
ask:  make it an assignment for the students to
find out if they're all true.

Alice H. Yucht, M.L.S., B.L.P.
Heritage Middle School
Livingston, NJ
AliceInfo@aol.com
---------------------------------------

>If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days,
>you would have produced enough sound energy
>to heat one cup of coffee.
>
>If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months,
>enough gas is   produced to create the energy
>of an atomic bomb.
>
>The human heart creates enough pressure when
>it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
>
>Banging your head against a wall uses 150
>calories an hour.
>
>Humans and dolphins are the only species
>that have sex for  pleasure.
>
>On average people fear spiders more than
>they do death.
>
>The strongest muscle in the body is the TONGUE.
>
>It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
>
>You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.
>
>Americans on the average eat 18 acres of pizza
>every day.
>
>Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming
>1/10 of a calorie.
>
>Did you know that you are more likely to be killed
>by a champagne cork than by a poisonous spider?
>
>Right-handed people live, on average, nine years
>longer than left-handed people do.
>
>In ancient Egypt, Priests plucked EVERY hair from
>their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.
>
>A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.
>
>A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
>
>The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30
>times its own weight and always falls over on its right
>side when intoxicated.
>
>Polar bears are left handed.
>
>The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds, that
>makes the catfish rank  #1 for animal having the
>most taste buds.
>
>The flea can jump 350 times its body length, that
>is like a human jumping the length of a football field.
>
>A cockroach will live nine days without it's head,
>before it starves  to death.
>
>The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its
>head is attached to its body.  The female initiates
>sex by ripping the males head off.
>
>Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
>
>Butterflies taste with their feet. Elephants are the
>only animals that can't jump. (thankfully)
>
>A cat's urine glows under a blacklight.
>
>An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.
>
>Starfishes haven`t got brains.

To quit LM_NET (or set-reset NOMAIL or DIGEST), Send email to