Dear Peter and Netters,
    I was involved in the email fiasco which happened last week and
appreciate being able to but in my 2 cents worth.   When visiting  freely on
the Net I do not expect to be welcomed or invited back.  If I want to go
back or want to be included on your mailing list- I will ask to be placed
there.
    If my surfing is going to be monitored, then I will set "no cookies"
and probably restrict my surfing to recommended sites only - those sites and
webmasters with whom I am personally familiar - LM_NET, Gleason Sackman,
Dale Coops, Classroom Connect, Tourbus,  etc.   I wish to be asked if I want
to be included on a mailing list - not told that I have been.
     I also wish that all webmasters would put their subscription info at
the bottom of all correspondence - the way LM_NET and Classroom Connect do.
I will then have the info right at my fingertips should I wish to subscribe
or unsubscribe.  I pass on a lot of the information included in my email -
to friends, family and fellow librarians - they may want to subscribe on the
spot - it saves everyone time.
    Thanks for letting us vent, Peter.  Y'all have a wonderful week - we are
off Monday and Tuesday for Mardi Gras- have to pay back Wednesday for days
missed during Hurricane Georges.  Eat your heart out - but play like this is
what you got when you said "Throw me something, Mister!!!".  Bye y'all.  B.
White
Barbara White
Hancock High Library
Kiln MS 39556