Greetings Netters,
       I have a situation which is similar Sue's with the laptops.  This
information may have already been hashed over, but I didn't take
note of it at the time because I didn't need it then.  Now I could
sure use your expertise.
       For two years, our high school has had a cart with 20
machines called EMate 300.  They are small laptops made by
Apple Computer.   Until a month ago,  the teachers,  mostly
English teachers,  moved them from room to room.  The teachers
had some complaints;  students other than those in their
classroom would come and need to check out a Mate,  they didn't
like the task of keeping them charged or instructing students other
than their own in the use of the Mate,  students who did a paper on
the Mate had to come back to the cart to print because everything
else in the building was other than Apple and the teachers saw this
as an interruption in their classroom,  and teachers with rooms
down stairs complained that they didn't get to use the Mates in
their classrooms.  As a result of all this,  the administration felt the
machines were not being used as much as they had hoped.  So
now I have them in the library.  I am not sure how this is going to
work.  If you have done this or have usable suggestions,  I would
appreciate hearing from you at my e-mail address:
kwells@shs.arsc.k12ar.us

Katie Wells
Sheridan High School Library
Sheridan, AR 72150