OK...Now, I promise not to post again, as I hate to clog people's mailboxes
with long discussions about a particular subject...BUT, the truth of the
matter is that most people do NOT remove the software after use--in order to
reinstall it on a different computer...

Let's be honest....We all know someone/persons who buy software and install
it on multiple machines. The real issue here is simple...IF you have
permission to use it, your software agreement will state that...If it does
not state it may be used on multiple machines, then it IS a copyright issue
because to be in compliance, you must legally have permission to install it
or have purchased enough copies to cover yourself!

Every piece of software is licensed differently...the problem arises when the
purchaser does not take the time to READ the agreement: we have some software
that MAY be installed on our servers/some may not; some that may be
transfered to another computer after use/some may not; some that are the
"sole properity of the original purchaser" (took that right off the
license!)/some that MAY be transfered to another person; some that may be
installed on a work AND a home computer/some may not....

The point I wanted to make was that you need to KNOW what the agreement
says...Remember, in an age when copying software, downloading documents from
the Net, etc. are commonplace and simple, WE need to set a good example for
the students in our charge. Stay legal....that is the sign I have in my lab...

Jane ;-)