We are beginning to grapple with how to manage equipment/software etc
acquired through grants.  If your district has written or unwritten
policies with regard to this, could you please share them with me?  What
happens with equipment (such as digital cameras, laptops, scanners) "given"
to staff as a result of grant work? Does it go into a general inventory of
equipment available to staff or does it stay with the teacher who was
involved in the grant?
 Does it matter what agency awards the grant money or equipment? If
equipment is obtained through grant work facilitated through an educational
cooperative (such as BOCES in our area) it is kind of assumed that
equipment will be available to all staff if not in use by the person
trained by the grant.  However, grant money or equipment sometimes comes by
way of outside agencies as a direct result of a person's role as educator.
Who gets to "keep" that equipment?  How is it inventoried, if at all?
        We are experiencing a few difficulties in this area.  Some teachers will
not allow "their" equipment to go out of the classroom.  Sometimes
equipment will sit unused because there's no effective way to spread the
word to other staff that it might be available for use.  We'd like to come
up with a plan or guideline in this area.  This becomes a library issue for
me in two ways.  First, often equipment is housed in the library to be
available to teachers.  Second, I'm accidentally-in-charge-by-default of
our Tech Committee.  TIA for any assistance in this area.  I'd even be
interested in knowing if this is NOT a problem for your district.  Pat Dalpiaz
Pat Dalpiaz
HS Librarian
Harpursville Central School
Harpursville, NY 13787