      Fermilab LInC Online Partnership Program
       Announcement and Call for Applications
              Applications due 9/25

    http://www-ed.fnal.gov/lincon/announce.shtml

Fermilab LInC Online is seeking partner agencies who want to:

- Develop educational leadership teams for integrating technology
  to support constructivist learning.

- Learn how to facilitate a successful online course or add a
  proven online course to their existing offerings.

- Help address the digital divide by developing leaders who will
  work with educators in underserved areas.

The LInC Partnership Program includes extensive support and
materials for a team from your agency to develop the capacity to
offer a LInC-based online course. We have been offering the
program successfully for 6 years (3 years online), reaching 200
educators from 18 states, and are funded to partner with others
to scale-up the effort. The online course is highly interactive
and has a participant completion rate of 85% (an excellent rate
for an online course). The program includes:

- Winter 2001 Online Course (no travel required).
- Summer 2001 Facilitators' Academy at Fermilab
  (travel paid by grant).
- Online Partner Mentorship: 2001/2002 - 2002/2003.
- $1200 stipend for partner K-12 teachers, library staff,
  tech. coordinators, staff developers, curriculum developers.
- Optional 6 graduate credit hours in Education ($300).

In an external evaluation, LInC participants reported changing
classroom practices towards "best practice," greatly increased
technical knowledge and skills, and being involved in leadership
behaviors such as conducting inservices, writing grants, and
participating on technology committees and school improvement
efforts. Below are some quotes from past participants:

  "In all honesty, it's the best course I've ever taken. It's
  like night and day. Someone turned on the light when I took
  this course as to what teaching should be all about . . ."

  "Facilitators not only helped my team with each step of our
  project but anticipated and organized the future help that
  we will need when teaching the class. . . . It has been an
  excellent model for someone teaching an online class."

The LInC Partner Program is open to not-for-profit educational
agencies in the United States. Examples of eligible agencies
include universities, colleges, state agencies, educational
associations or foundations, national laboratories, and museums.

Applications are due by Sep. 25. For more information, please
see the program announcement at:

  http://www-ed.fnal.gov/lincon/announce.shtml

LInC is sponsored by Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory and
Friends of Fermilab, and has been funded by U.S. Department of
Energy, Illinois State Board of Education, North Central Regional
Technology in Education Consortium (operated by NCREL) and the
National Science Foundation.

- Laura Mengel (ed-linc@fnal.gov)
  Fermilab LInC Project Coordinator