Guess what my fellow professionals?  It doesn't get any better in higher
education either!  I had sent requests two weeks prior to the semester
starting asking that the education college faculty (only 40) schedule with
me for orientation and tours of our branch library.  The first day of the
semester I had 5 faculty trying to schedule (we did two orientations only
that day) and the remaining three we did later that week--you might think
it wouldn't be so bad just to give an orientation, but I have to review
their syllabus to develop an orientation to materials that they would
rather be using instead of the general tour of the facilities with a focus
on everything.   Because we are a specialized branch dealing with only
certain areas, this can be both very easy and very difficult at times.
(The professors ask that we show them specifics that they can use for their
course work!)

It doesn't change at any level.  Teachers will be teachers and librarians
will continue pounding their heads against the wall!  (Don't you just LOVE
this profession! *grin*)

Shonda Brisco
Assistant Professor / Librarian

Mary L. Williams Curriculum Materials Library
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, Oklahoma
bshonda@okstate.edu
405-744-9769