    In the event that you work at a school (likely junior high up) where
there are some students are less than perfect angels, you may have had
experiences with equipment which was glitched up or even damaged due to
tampering/sabotage by kids. For example, I always knew it was spring
when teachers began having TV/VCR problems. The kids were just switching
around the cords in the back, and it always began around March. I am
teaching a class which covers use of various media and equipment and am
wondering if you can share stories or warnings about things to watch out
for regarding mischievous kids and equipment. Such accounts could be
helpful to folks training to be librarians. I am more interested in
equipment other than computers and student hacking which to me is an
issue unto itself. Overhead projectors, TV's, maybe computer peripherals
such as printers, etc. Or am I the only one who ever ran into this??
    Also, if you can think of mishaps where perhaps teachers used
equipment for things other than the intended purpose and damaged it
(such as using a printer for a plant stand and resulting water damage),
I would be interested in those. Thanks in advance!

--
"Try curiosity!"-Dorothy Parker