Hi folks - I've been away so I am a bit late in posting this hit. Although
I got some good suggestions, it still seems to me that children's poetry
is an area where there is a need for better (even online) indexing
tools. Anyway, here are the responses I received. Thanks to all who sent
me suggestions. It is greatly appreciated.

1 - We have a couple of smaller tools. Our Readers' Guide for Young
People database indexes poems that are found in the magazines and
approximately a third of those have fulltext. We also recommend and
catalog anthologies in our Children's Catalog (both in print and
electronic). HW Wilson Company

2 - Some online suggestions:
http://www.poemfinder.com/

Forms of Poetry for Children
http://falcon.jmu.edu/~ramseyil/poeform.htm

NCTE Teaching Ideas: Poetry Immersion
http://www.ncte.org/teach/Pipkin31368.html

Poetry for Upper Elementary Students
http://falcon.jmu.edu/~ramseyil/poemiddle.htm

Poetry.com
http://www.poetry.com

They also have a vast collection of poetry resource links at:
http://www.poetry.com/links/linksmain.asp

3 - I made a page for Poetry Month at http://www.mikids.com/poetry.htm
If you know of any poets that I should include, please feel free to
e-mail me directly!  I'll find them if they are out there! *looks off into
cyberspace*

4 - Last year I bought a Blackburn index. I paid about $100 for it, but it
is well worth it. I can't remember where I bought it--maybe Wilson's?
However, I see that it is at Amazon (and at a better price, too.)

Index to Poetry for Children and Young People, 1993-1997 : A Title,
Subject, Author, and First Line Index to Poetry in Collections for
Children and youth by G. Meredith Blackburn

Amazon also lists earlier volumes, too. Hmmm.  Maybe I'll buy another one.
It really makes your collection so much more accessible.

When I got it I checked the list of books that it indexes (there is a list
in the front of the book) against our computer catalog and marked in the
book the ones that are in our library.

I love it.

5 - I bought a Poetry Anthology from Scholastic that has poems on all
kinds of themes and is in chronological order.  It meets most of my needs.
It might be 10.95 now and is called Poetry Place Anthology.

Hope everyone who asked for this information finds the list helpful. I
certainly did. Again, thanks! :)

Melinda Miller-Widrick, LMS Early Primary-12
Colton-Pierrepont Central School
Colton, NY 13625
miller-w@northnet.org