At the end of this school year my husband and I will be moving across the
country to be near family in Georgia. Therefore, I will be leaving my
position as librarian at Providence High School in Burbank creating a
vacancy. My school is still searching for a librarian for next year.

I have truly enjoyed my experience at this school. We're a private Catholic
co-ed high school in Burbank, California. There are about 550 students and
50 faculty/staff members. I have found it to be a wonderful place to work.
There is a great sense of community and wonderful administrative support.
The students are very respectful and really a delight to work with.

We have about 11,500 volumes. We also have several online subscriptions such
as Infotrac, World Book, Gale Discovering Collection, and others. I have
been able to make this job the job I want it to be. I've received support
for activities that I've initiated such as after-school coffee house poetry
readings, library lunches with special programs and speakers, and various
contests. I have also found many teachers who are open to collaborative
planning and have been able to teach some information literacy skills
through such collaborations.

Resumes may be sent to our library director at the address below:

Sr. Renate Hayum
Library Director
Providence High School
511 S. Buena Vista
Burbank, CA  91505
818-846-8141, ext. 123
Renate@providencehigh.org

I'm looking forward to returning to the south, but this has been a wonderful
place to work while I've been in California. If you have any questions,
please feel free to contact me.

Jill Fulton, Librarian
Providence High School
Burbank, CA