I want to echo what Rich has said about the usefulness
of the MARC Magician program.  I inherited a catalog
with many many problems...things like duplicate and
out-of-date subject headings, inconsistent call
numbers and prefixes...all the usual stuff.  I had
spent weeks trying to clean these up one by one in
Athena...but was able to do the whole catalog in no
time with MARC Magician.  I've worked with MARC
records for many years and had to straighten up some
pretty bad cataloging at several schools and NOTHING
has made this tedious job easy until I tried this
little program.

It was easy to learn, had a   great tutorial and best
of all, it works.

Robin Mercer
Fox Road Elementary
Raleigh, NC
rwmercer@yahoo.com

http://askeric.org/Virtual/Listserv_Archives/LM_NET.shtml
> LM_NET Select/EL-Announce:
> http://www.cuenet.com/archive/el-announce/
> LM_NET Supporters:
> http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/ven.html

=====
Robin Mercer

"One thing I've learned. You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to
find it" - Neil Gaiman

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com