Dear CCEA members,

    Bob and I canceled yesterday's meeting while it was snowing.  Then it
stopped, oh well...  Since we did not have a meeting I have the following to
discuss with you.

    1. Meeting dates for 2003-2004  Since there are regular Eastern Region
meeting and since there are costs to our meetings, I am proposing to only
have 3 regular meetings of the CCEA a year.  We can have additional training
meetings as needed.
Proposed dates
    September 22, 2003
    December 15, 2003
    March Eastern Region House of Delegates
    May 10, 2004

    2. Friend of Education Dinner is April 25, 2003 at the Carbon County
Vo-Tech School.  Cost is $20.00 per person with each local picking up the
cost of their friend of ed.  County pays for County friend of ed and spouse,
plaques for all 7 friends, flowers, etc.  Let Jean know the name of your
local friend of ed by March 19.  Reservations should be in to Karan by April
2, 2003.  Make checks payable to CCEA.  Flyer is attached.

    3. Endorsements-I propose that CCEA endorse Barb Sipler for President,
Joan Koslosky for Vice President, and Ed Buckvitz for 3rd Representative for
Eastern Region officers.  It is important that all locals are represented at
the ER House March 21 and 22.  We need to be there for Barb who is from our
county and will be the new Eastern Region President.  You can always go just
for Saturday.

    4. Bob has menu money that CCEA can use for training and programs.  I
propose that we have Building Rep training, ESEA help, and new members.  If
you have any other ideas, let me know.

Please respond on any of the above items.  See you at the House of
Delegates.

Jean

 Jean Bickel, Ph. D., High School Librarian     jbickel@jtasd.k12.pa.us

          http://www.jtasd.k12.pa.us/highschool/library/index.htm

       Research in any form goes better with the help of a librarian.