     Dear Fellow Netters,
     I have two questions that have been bothering me
for a while now.  What is the difference between LC
Cataloging and Sears Cataloging?  Also, is one better
in an elementary school?
     When I started in my two school libraries I came
from a place that used Sears, so when I filled out my
client profile for different vendors I checked off
that choice without even thinking about it.  But now
in my catalog I have things like - Mystery and
detective stories and Mystery - Fiction.  The students
at my school are still using a card catalog, so these
two subjects are in two different places.  (We are
actually automated, but the library is too small to
fit a couple of computers into to be used for a
catalog and they are moving me to an even smaller
space next year.)
     I am not sure if I should ask the vendors to go
back to LC cataloging, since that is what the majority
of our cataloging is under.  But, I will await your
opinions and the answers to the above questions.
Thank you so very much.

Kaline Goodrich, Librarian
Hermon Elem. & Middle Schools
Hermon, ME
kaline369@yahoo.com

=====
Teaching children to read and providing them something worthwhile to read is not a
job for the faint of heart in this world." Katherine Patterson, "Back from IBBY"

http://calendar.yahoo.com