Friends-

My library is not automated but will be someday (hopefully).

Question:
When new books are processed, I used to put the info in the accessions book
with a number. I stopped using the accessions book but was wondering if I still
need to put an accessions number on the catalog card as well as in the new
book?
The main reason for using the number is to match the borrower's card to the
book.
Is there any other need for an accessions number?
TIA

Christine, NYC
fruitdoc@aol.com