The followup question to that is to ask for the name of the intellectual
property attorney who gave that advice, so you could have a professional
opinion on file.

If you search the archives (remember to use boolean operators in your
search) for "special and education"  you will find many similar queries.
And the mostly negative answers.

Dan Robinson
HW Wilson Company
Bronx, NY