This is the Information people shared in no particular order.  I'll probably spend
the rest of today sorting through it.
Thanks to all
Ellie Weiss
Library Media Generalist
New Boston Central School (K-6)
New Boston, NH
eweiss@nbcs.k12.nh.us

>  These are websites recommended by Librarians
>
> <http://lii.org/search/file/notablewomen>
>

> http://www.galegroup.com/free_resources/whm/index.htm
>

> http://www.greatwomen.org/women.php
>
> http://www.earlyamerica.com/earlyamerica/notable/notable2.html
>

>http://school.discovery.com/schooladventures/womenofthecentury/phenomenalwomen/index.html
>
> <http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/awhhtml/>
> Library of Congress American Women
> www.distinguishedwomen.com <http://www.distinguishedwomen.com>
> We have a list of lots of links - not sure if any of them will be at 3rd
> grade reading level though. At least one that I can think of has audio so
> they could listen... it's the one on Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B.
> Anthony. (do you have Emily Arnold McCully's book about her in your
> collection, it's great - I think it's called The Ballot Box Battle).
>
> http://www.ecb.org/surf/women.htm
>
> Fun with famous women
> http://www.funtrivia.com/quizzes/people/famous_women.html
>
> Timeline of Women
> http://www2.lhric.org/pocantico/womenenc/timeline.htm
>
> Famous Women
> http://www.childrenslit.com/th_famous.html
>
> Famous Women Scientists
> http://www.bios.niu.edu/wis/profiles.html
>
> National Women's Hall of Fame
> http://www.greatwomen.org/home.php
>
> Women Inventors
> http://inventors.about.com/od/womeninventors/

Alabama Women's Hall of Fame   http://www.awhf.org

I use the following sites with fifth and sixth graders, so they might be too much
for a third-grade audience, but perhaps they will provide a starting point.  The
"Women in American History" site has an extensive alphabetical listing for
click-and-search.  Each woman is represented by a full page of text and often some
hyperlinks to other media.

http://search.eb.com/women/ind_articles.html (Women in American History)

http://www.npg.si.edu/cexh/woot/ (National Portrait Gallery)

. Composers biography [web site] /(term(s) matched 6 times)
Suitable for Elementary School, Middle School, High School, Public Library,
Academic Library.
Materials for students.
Grade levels: g3, g4, g5, g6, g7, g8, g9, g10, g11, g12.
S.I.A.E. Department O.L.A.F.
http://www.karadar.it/Dictionary/Default.htm
http://www.karadar.it/Worterbuch/
http://www.karadar.it/Dizionario/
http://www.karadar.it/Dictionnaire/
http://www.karadar.it/Diccionario/

When ever I look for kid appropriate web sites I go to kidsclick.org (note org not
a com)

and when I put in Women's history they seem to have relevant stuff for grades 3-6th

Kathleen Krull's Lives of Famous Women - funny and
engaging. GraceAnne

Heddy Lamar
Marian Anderson
Dinah Washington