I am the LMS at a public school composed of 250 preschool students ages 4
and 5. We have a library the contains an age appropriate collection and a
small computer lab of 10 desktop computers. Students come twice weekly for
computer lab and/or check out and library lessons.

There has been some discussion about how much and what kinds of technology
(computers, laptops, etc) are appropriate for this age group. There are no
computers in the classrooms and I suggested we obtain a cart of laptops that
can be used since they are small enough and mobile so that more students
will have access to them.  Teachers are computer savvy and are interested in
continuing computer training in their classrooms, but some in administration
feel that laptops are inappropriate for our students. I am interested in
knowing how my colleagues feel about this.

Also I welcome and ideas or suggestions about programs, materials or lesson
ideas that will help me with maintaining a library for this age group.

Nancy Anderson
Moton Early Childhood Center
Hampton, VA
nande98@cox.net