Today, Sen. Arlen Specter visited our school for a Town Meeting on internet safety
for kids and on internet predators. When I found out that he was coming, I decided
that I would call his office and invite him to stop by my library to see the
facility and the woefully inadequate collection. His office did not know what his
schedule would be like to know if it was possible, but said that they would speak
to the scheduler.

Things were running late, so I did not really expect that he’d be able to make it
up to see the library, so I tracked him down to the office after the town meeting
and introduced myself and asked him to sign on Sen. Jack Reed’s bill for LSTA
funding and the Improving Literacy Through School Libraries funding
reauthorization. He told me that his sister is a librarian and he would absolutely
support the bill.

I did my good deed for libraries today. :)

Kimberly A. Brosan, Librarian
Andrew G. Curtin Middle School
Williamsport, PA 17701
mailto:kbrosan@wasd.org

Ancora Imparo ~ Michelangelo "I am still learning."