Thank you to everyone who has provided information and suggestions as we
struggle to choose a new automation system.

As a followup to this post:

We have narrowed down our choices to Follett's Destiny and BookSystems
Atriuum. The OPAC for both programs will work with JAWS for Windows and
ZoomText. In fact, our AT guru who helped me test the different systems
felt that JAWS was very workable with both systems because of the web
interface. However, it will be necessary for students and staff who use
JAWS to receive specialized training (lots of specialized commands to
open dialog boxes, forms, etc.)  Luckily he will be the one teaching
students. We also tried the circulation portion of both programs (just
the check out/check in command) and that seemed to work ok as well.

Now I have to decide between the two programs. I am torn between the two
- both have features I like and dislike. For those who purchased either
Destiny or Atriuum in the couple of years or so, what made you decide to
go with the product you chose? Cost? Ease of use? Tech support? Features
you really liked? Based on what you now know, would you purchase this
product again or would you choose something else?

Elizabeth Hart
Library Technical Assistant
California School for the Blind
Fremont, CA 94536