From: Davina Pruitt-Mentle <dpruitt@umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:03:33 -0500
To: Nancy Willard <nwillard@csriu.org>
Subject: National C3 Baseline Study

Dear Educator,

We know that in the course of the year you receive many requests that take
time from your busy schedule, but we hope that you will take a few minutes
to consider this invitation to participate in this Cyberethics,
Cybersecurity, and Cybersafety (C3) Baseline Study. Questions in this survey
are designed to understand the level of Cyberethics, safety and security
educational awareness policies, initiatives, curriculum and practices
currently taking place in the U.S. public and private K-12 educational
settings. The survey can be found at
http://www.edtechpolicy.org/BaselineSurvey/ and should take no more than
15-20 minutes of your time.

In order to best understand the state of C3 knowledge, professional
development and instruction across the country, it is imperative that a
large cross-section of the educational community participate.  Feel free to
forward this email to other educators you work with, or know around the
school, district, state, or nation.  Please complete this survey EVEN IF YOU
DO NOT THINK YOU UNDERSTAND C3 issues.  This survey is directed to novices
as well as experts. We thank you in advance for your help; we truly value
your feedback, and your responses will have a significant impact on future
policy initiatives at all levels ­ school, county/district, state, and
federal.

Every effort has been taken to make this an efficient, user-friendly process
taking a minimum of your time. Data collection will be done via the above
link. Upon completion of the study, you will be given the opportunity to
receive a copy of the final report, and register to win one of several iPod
Shuffles.  Registration can be limited to your email address, so that we can
either email you the report, and/or contact you if you win.

To participate, please go to http://www.edtechpolicy.org/BaselineSurvey/ as
soon as possible (no later than December 31) and complete the questionnaire.
If you choose not to participate and do not wish to extend the invitation to
another person, we do understand but ask that you please just respond to
this email with ³I cannot participate.²   We wish to try to have as broad a
representation around the nation as possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact us about any questions or concerns you may
have.

Thank you for considering this request,

Davina Pruitt-Mentle
Educational Technology Policy, Research, and Outreach
dpruitt@umd.edu

------ End of Forwarded Message