A number of you have suggested that I search for my name which I have done, and
even when I add
"LM_NET" there is not that much that turns up - certainly not the  number of posts
I have created
over the last how-many years.  Perhaps there needs to be a subject added as well.
I found my stuff
in lots of other places though, places I never knew about so clearly, whether
searchable or not,
others beyond the list membership have access to what we write.

One person, Walter Minkel, wrote about me in a blog post and said " Here's a great
article by
Barbara Braxton, a teacher-librarian from Australia who is a worldwide leader among
those who want
to encourage a heightened literacy among students. It's called "The
Teacher-Librarian as Literacy
Leader."  While there is no way I call myself a 'worldwide leader' or even a 'local
leader' it was
flattering and fun at the end of a long day.  So, thank you Walter.  If you are in
need of cheering
up, search for your name, you never know what you will find or who shares your
name.  That in itself
is interesting!

I am yet to enter the OZTL debate, if indeed I do.  The main arguments against
opening that list are
based around protecting our privacy; offering a forum to vent and offload; email
spam (although
there are apparently technology advances which protect this} and should we be
expected to always
share, allowing others to continually take.
The main argument for is that it will allow others who are not list members access
to our
professional knowledge and conversations and perhaps help them solve problems they
are having..

Barbara

Barbara Braxton
Teacher Librarian