Well, this really is a quality of life issue. If anyone remembers my plea a few
years back for lunch suggestions as I was so sick of apples and cheese.

After years of experimenting, I hope others can benefit from my experience.

I was enthralled with those  Japanese insulated containers. It just got too heavy
to commute with.
I loved the Laptop lunch boxes until the day my salmon salad leaked all over the
inside of my backpack.
I had a few of those really cute bento box type containers. Again sealing leaking
problems

This is what has been working the last few years
from the Container Store
Built NY Neoprene lunch tote,  Klip-It Snack Boxes and Klip-It Lunch Cubes
The neoprene keeps my lunch cool without a heavy freezer bar. The klip it brand
does not leak. ever. I had gazpacho for lunch today. I have an assortment of sizes
of containers from sandwich to snack.  They go right in the dishwasher. I can fit a
small refillable water bottle that I usually use for iced tea. Of sometimes a small
nisson thermos.

The zipper broke at the end of  the'08 school year  and I sent a note with it to
their corporate headquarters saying that a lunch bag should last at least through
the school year. They sent me a brand new replacement days later.  That is the one
I am still using. Very little wear and tear.

I got an e-mail from the  Container Store- Teachers get a 15% discount on
Everything through Sept. 7th. (I have no affiliation or stock or anything to do
with them)
http://www.containerstore.com/teachers/index.jhtml?capStore=&utm_medium=email&utm_source=chth

Ready for the new year... Lisa

Lisa Von Drasek
Children's Librarian
Bank Street College of Education
School for Children Pre-K- 8
610 West 112th St
NY  NY   10025

lisav@bnkst.edu

212 875 4452

>>> Tony Pope <pope1966@ATT.NET> 08/02/09 9:05 PM >>>
I would like to take more healthy lunches with me to school this year and wanted to
upgrade from my brown-bag or plastic grocery bag "lunch box" to one of the "real"
metal lunch boxes with a thermos like when I was a kid.  I'm usually hauling so
much stuff to school that my sandwhiches end up as a wad instead.  Most of the
lunch boxes I've seen at Wal-mart and other places are the soft kind and what few
metal ones I've found are a very thin kind.

Have any of you ever ordered from lunchboxes.com?  They have a large
selection...but I wanted to check out their reputation and quality of their lunch
boxes first.

Our kids return on August 3rd...and I'm already planning on what lunch to
take...ha...  Thanks in advance!

Tony Pope
McHenry Primary School
100 McHenry Dr.