Greetings to the Collective Wisdom:

I am posting a TARGET for an old friend now on the industrial side of
education/training.

He is looking for a web or LAN based test generator.
  a.. The system must be able to accept imbedded graphics or animations on the test
pages.
  b.. It needs to handle Y/N and multiple - choice questions.
  c.. Some short essay capability would be a positive.
  d.. Grading/scoring should be automatic on Y/N and multiple choice questions.
(manual scoring on the essay)
  e.. There should be a report function with a good feature set for customizing
reports.
  f.. Answer (item) analysis is a must.

My friend says there is a $7k - $8k product out there, but he is looking for a less
expensive solution.

If you know of such a beast, or if you can give me any leads, please reply off list.

Thanks!

Tim

Tim O'Shaughnessy
Library / Media Center