I am meeting with the Math department at my school tomorrow, and I am
hoping to entice them into the library with some research projects
that don't require a lot of class time. I would think projects using
real life skills would have the most appeal to the teachers. When I
was in high school, we had a project where we had to think of
something in the real world that might follow a parabolic function.
Then we'd had to perform an experiment, plot the data, and see if it
was in fact parabolic. (My partner and I baked muffins and tracked
their height over time). If any one has examples of this kind of math
project, please email me, and I can compile a hit.

Thanks!

Megan Blakemore
Westbrook High School Librarian
125 Stroudwater Street
Westbrook, ME
207-854-0810 x474
blakemorem@westbrookschools.org
I'm reading The Devil's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan. What about you?