I am glad to see so many Amelia fans out there!  I received many posts, not all
about the watch, some about books, and I hope I posted everyone's equally.

The post about the Hamilton watch is what I think I was looking for.  I cannot
verify if indeed Hamilton was the watch brand Amelia wore, but it certainly is the
one in the movie worn by Hilary Swank.  I even think I may have found it.  It's a
little pricy, so I'll have to save my Librarian salary pennies:-)

I personally have been fascinated with Amelia Earhart witch started when I first
learned about her probably in my fourth grade history class.  I went to see
"Amelia" this weekend and was not disappointed at all.  The movie was done well.
For some reason, throughout the movie, my eyes kept on focusing on her watch (I
suppose I now have another fascination).  I have done a lot of research, and still
cannot come up with the brand or type of watch she wore, so I am asking my panel of
experts.  I have however found the following sites that talk about her watch going
up in space with astronaut Shannon Walker next year.  The one site has some close
ups of the watch, so I was hoping that my help.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/expeditions/expedition24/earha

rt_watch.html

http://www.collectspace.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/000780.html

*Mary Beth, Please share with me when you have a hit.  I have yet to find a watch I
really like...and I know I will be "watching" for the watch, when I go see the
movie myself.

*I hope someday you can get out here to Kansas to tour Amelia's girlhood home and
see the view (in person) from its front porch.  It's fun of things that actually
belonged to her and her family.  Fascinating. (Google it--I know they have a
website.)

Last summer, I took my eighth grade niece who became interested in Amelia after
seeing the movie Night at the Museum 2.  I'd been to the house when I was younger
than that, but it's so much fun to revisit sites as an adult.

I'm now more anxious to see the movie since another librarian liked it.  Thanks for
sharing.

(If you haven't seen the book about Amelia by Shelley Tanaka, take a look at it
some time too.  I served on the Ks Notable Books committee last year, and we choose
it for our list.)

Best wishes~

*You should send in your request/querry to Entertainment Weekly.  They have a
segment every week where they tell you where you can purchase a relic like you saw
on/or was worn by an actress or actor.  Brenda

* Please report what you find out!  I LOVE watches myself, and would like to know
more, too.  I would imagine some enterprising company would put out a replica, or
already has?

*I can't vouch for the accuracy of this site, but here's a possibility:

http://www.thefinestwatches.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/catalog.listProducts/catId/84/Omega.htm

though this site lists a Hamilton:

http://blog.watchjournal.com/

*As an Amelia fan, I am sure you are already familiar with Pam Muņoz Ryan's
fantastic picture book "Amelia and Eleanor Go for a Ride" - but on the slim chance
you might not be I will still recommend it! :-) It is one of my favorite stories -
and the best part is that it is true! Sadly, I am sure it wouldn't have been
possible nowadays...

Mary Beth Roche, MIS

 Library Director

Allied Medical & Technical Institute

517 Ash Street

Scranton, PA 18509

570-558-1818 Ext. 1927

Fax 570-342-4537

MRoche@edaff.com

"Anticipation, I suppose, sometimes exceeds realization."

~Amelia Earhart