Thank you to all of you who shared titles with me!  Here is my original post,
followed by my HIT:

I have had a sudden rush of girls looking for dramatic romance books in the
library.  They read Forever by Judy Blume and want more books just like it.  They
do not seem overly interested in any of the books I am showing them.  They are not
interested in any of the vampire/immortal type books.  Do you have any suggestions
of books that I might recommend to them?

Impossible by Nancy Werlin

Bewitching Season by Marissa Doyle
Raging Quiet by Sherryl Jordan ( my personal favorite!)
Lurlene McDaniel books
Nicholas Sparks
Sarah Dessen
Kimani Tru
Angela Johnson
The Luxe series by Godberson. It's historical fiction.
Before I Die by Downham
The Opposite of Invisible by Gallegar
My Life as a Rhombus  by Johnson
How to Build a House by Reinhart
Stealing Heaven by Scott
Big Fat Manifesto by Vaught
If I Stay by Foreman
Vibes by Ryan

books by Melody Carlson--there are a number of series: Diary Of A Teenage Girl,
Degrees Of Gilt, True Colors books by Megan McCafferty--Sixteen, Jessica Darling
series Jodi Picoult books Rosalind Miles books: Guenevere trilogy, Tristan And
Isolde series Nora Roberts books Mary Jo Putney Lynn Austin's "Refiner's Fire"
series Barbara Metzger Marjorie M. Liu Amelia Grey--Dash Scandal Liz Carlyle Avon
True Romance series for teens such as:Anna And The Duke by Kathryn Smith

Samantha And The Cowboy by Lorraine Heath Belle And The Beau by Beverly Jenkins
Gwyneth  And the Thief by Margaret Moore

If you are not familiar with the "Romance Writers Of America"  website and their
"RITA" award, you might visit their site.

http://www.rwanational.org/cs/contests_and_awards/rita_awards

Bauer, Joan.

    Thwonk /  Bauer, Joan. -- New York : Bantam Doubleday Dell Books for Young
Readers, 1996, c1995.

A cupid doll comes to life and offers romantic assistance to A.J., a teenage
photographer suffering from unrequited love.

Cabot, Meg.

    Princess in love /  Cabot, Meg. -- New York : HarperTrophy, c2002.

In a series of humorous diary entries, a New York City ninth grader agonizes over
her love life, final exams, and future role as the princess of Genovia.

Caletti, Deb.

    Honey, Baby, Sweetheart /  Caletti, Deb. -- New York : Simon & Schuster Books
for Young Readers, c2004.

In the summer of her junior year, sixteen-year-old Ruby McQueen and her mother,
both nursing broken hearts, set out on a journey to reunite an elderly woman with
her long-lost love and in the process learn many things about "the real ties that
bind" people to one another.

Chandler, Elizabeth.

    At first sight /  Chandler, Elizabeth. -- New York : Bantam Books, 1998.

Ben is definitely not down-to-earth Allie's type, so why is he all she thinks about?

Dines, Carol.

    Talk to me /  Dines, Carol. -- New York : Dell, 1999, c1997.

A rich variety of stories exploring love and romance, morality, mortality, first
jobs, gay parents, and how to navigate modern family life.

Nilsson, Per.

    Heart's delight /  Nilsson, Per. -- Asheville, N.C : Front Street, c2003.

As a sixteen-year-old looks at and systematically destroys each of his mementos of
Ann-Kathrin, he replays scenes from their relationship and realizes that it was not
the great romance he believed it to be.

Sones, Sonya.

    What my mother doesn't know /  Sones, Sonya. -- New York : Simon & Schuster
Books for Young Readers, c2001.

Sophie describes her relationships with a series of boys as she searches for Mr.
Right.

Vallik, Malle.

    Andy & Andie /  Vallik, Malle. -- New York : Bantam Books, c2000.

A "He said/She said" flip book about a popular girl who hooks up with an unpopular
guy.

Zarr, Sara.

    Sweethearts /  Zarr, Sara. -- New York : Little, Brown, 2008.

As children, Jennifer and Cameron were best friends. After Cameron disappears,
Jennifer has lost the only person who understands her. Now in high school, she is
shocked when Cameron suddenly reappears, and they are both confronted with the
drastically different paths their lives have taken.

How to take the Ex out of Ex-Boyfriend and My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison

Seventeenth summer by Daly
This Lullaby by Dessen (or most any Dessen book) Sloppy firsts by McCafferty
Weetzie Bat by Block Mr. and Mrs. Bo Jo Jones by Head

Sisterhood of the traveling pants series
Peaches trilogy
Angus, Thong and full frontal snogging books

Anything by:
Meg Cabot
Deb Caletti
Sarah Dessen
Maureen Johnson

Speak by Anderson (about a rape); any book by Sarah Dessen; A Room on Lorelei
Street by Mary E. Pearson; Paper Towns by John Green; Scrambled Eggs at Midnight by
Brad Barkley and Heather Hepler; Golden by Cameron Dokey; Safe by Susan Shaw (about
a rape); Boy Proof by Cecil Castellucci; Inexcusable by Chris Lynch (rape again);
and Peeps by Scott Westerfeld.

All of the Judy Blume books used to get my attention.

Thank you all again!
Melissa

Melissa Uribe
Librarian