Original post:
> Group,
> I have been reading how classroom teachers have integrated mock facebook
> pages into their classroom.  It got me thinking about characters in
> fiction novels and using this as a means to promote literature.  However,
> I'd like to see some examples of well done mock facebook pages.  (Yes, I
> could create my own as an example, but thought I would first ask for your
> help.)  I will post a hit of information received.  Thanks in advance for
> your time.

1. Exactly, the possibilities are endless.  We recently were traned by our
ITS in a program called "Chatsy".  It is a social networking program, but
safe and confined.  The students LOVE it.

2. We use a program called Study Whiz for this assignment, it works similar
to Facebook. The students creat a blog for their character and they have
to interact with other characters for a grade. The students are given
specific assignments, so there is some structure. They love it!

3. There's a whole book about lit characters and facebook - something about Ophelia
joined....
You might want to check it out before reinventing the wheel!  It's funny.

4. Here is an example of a mock Facebook feed covering the events of "Pride and
Prejudice."  There's a link at the bottom where you can find one for "Hamlet" and
other titles as well, I believe.  This is a bit old, so there would definitely be
more things students could add from today's Facebook, but it might be a good start.
  http://www.much-ado.net/austenbook/

Hope this info is useful to you.  Thanks to all members who took the time to
respond.