Hello everyone,

Here are the suggestions I recieved for picture books featuring 2nd person
narratives.  Sorry for the delay in posting this - I spend most of last week
home sick and am just now catching up on my email.

Thank you to everyone who sent suggestions - they are much appreciated!

Melissa McBride
SLMS
Southold Elementary School
Southold, NY 11971

If You Decide to Go to the Moon by Faith McNulty illustrated by Steven
Kellogg.

Recipe books are second person ("you" add 1 tsp. vanilla, etc.)

Wikipedia offers some links, and actually has a Second Person Narrative
page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second-person_narrative

Clicking on one of it's hyperlinks (Choose Your Own Adventure) brings up...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choose_Your_Own_Adventure

which offers up some elementary books, though perhaps not second grade
level??

Googling "second person narratiave" offered up Sky Boys by Deborah
Hopkinson.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Sky-Boys/Deborah-Hopkinson/e/9780375836107

TRY this link...about half way down the page...second person narrative is
discussed w/ titles mentioned.  I hope it's a permanent link.

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:7In6SBCeyCUJ:www.docstoc.com/docs/4848290/Picture-Books-to-Support-Literacy-Instruction+second+person+narrative+picture+book&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

What do you do with a kangaroo? by Mercer Mayer

Choose you own adventures series is second person.

I think Birthday Monsters! by Sandra Boynton is in second person.

The first thing that comes to mind is Mo Willem's Don't Let the Pigeon Drive
the Bus. You may also want to check out his other Pigeon books.

Sky Boys: How They Built the Empire State Building by Deborah Hopkinson,
James Ransome, James E. Ransome (Illustrator)

Also, Laura Numeroff's If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, If You Give a Moose a
Muffin, If You Give a Pig a Pancake, etc.etc. are all written in 2nd person.

I love, Help Me! Mr. Mutt, by Stevens/Cummell more than one point of view,
graphs, charts, letter writing, and sooooo much more! LOL funny to boot!

Colette

Tulip Sees America by Cynthia Rylant