Hi all,

Hope you had a nice weekend. For those new to my saga, I am a 30 year vet
new to  a middle school that has been unattended for over 10 years.

I am now starting to shelve the books in my challenging library on the wood
shelves. Can you recommend the best kind of book supports for wood shelves?

Here is an interesting thing I discovered.  For some reason, the shelves
could be a depth of 10 inches, but for some reason the shelves are only  a
depth of 6 inches. There is a strip of wood 4 inches in from the back wall
and running from the bottom to the top of the shelf unit preventing the
shelves from being flush with the back wall. So there is a 4 inch gap
through which the books can cascade down for the amusement of anyone who
discovers it. And I expect many middle school students to have that kind of
curiosity!!

Sharon Hamer--Library Teacher

Belmonte Middle School

Saugus, MA 01906