One idea I'm a little too slow with (not sure if I'll get it done this year): I
wanted to create a large "book of thanks" because we use our public library heavily
for interlibrary borrowing of multiple copies, preview before purchase, etc.  My
idea was to use foam-core (tag board sizes) and bind together into an oversized
"book"/card and have it go to our four buildings where appreciative staff and
students could sign it.    Then I was planning to/will deliver it to the library
during NLW with a plate of homemade goodies or a box of chocolates.
Easier:  (I've done this before)  just send flowers "from our library to yours"

Easy for at school:   Get helium filled balloons and tape to each table in the
room.
Easy grade 1-3 activity: see my "If I ran the ibrary book arts" file on my
webpage/resources/for my library colleagues.  (webpage address in signature)

Haven't tried yet, but I have wanted to share these books with gr 3-5 student:

My librarian is a camel : how books are brought to children around the world /
Margriet Ruurs.-- Honesdale, Pa : Boyds Mills Press, c2005.

Booklist, July 01, 2005 Kirkus, August 01, 2005 School library journal, August 2005
Horn book, September 2005

Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books, December 2005 Horn book guide s

tarred, vol. XVII, no. 1, Spring 2006, p. 103    Summary: A photo essay of how many
children around the world get their books from mobile libraries.

and The Librarian of Basra (Winter)

Marcia Dressel, K-5 Librarian @ the
Elementary and Intermediate Schools
Osceola, WI