  I want to thank Julia for sharing this. I forwarded it to our school
nurse, and then  while on lunch today, reading our local weekly paper
( we had to go back for one day of spring break, to make up a snow
day!)... I was reading an article about this very program ( thinking ,
hmm, I've heard about this before!) , and it features one of our own
families, as the three families profiled in the program. !  The " When
Families Grieve" features families who have lost a parent, one as a
first responder, as a soldier, and to illness ( our local family).

>> From: Julia Benincosa <jbeninco@ACCESS.K12.WV.US>
>> Date: April 7, 2010 1:23:03 PM EDT
>> To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
>> Subject: Re: [LM_NET] ELEM: books about loss of parent/grandparent
>>
>> Sesame Street has a grief kit...
>>
>> PBS:  When Families Grieve Outreach Kits Available
>http://video.pbs.org/video/1457528906/
>> When Families Grieve is a continuation of Sesame Workshop’s award-
>> winning Talk, Listen, Connect initiative that first launched July
>> 2006.  It provides resources and emotional support to military
>> families with young children coping with the challenging
>> transitions in their lives such as deployments and when a parent
>> comes home changed due to combat-related injury.  This PBS special
>> will air on April 14th at 8 PM in conjunction with the Month of the
>> Military Child & Month of the Young Child. Print kits are available
>> from your local PBS station.
>>
>> In addition, the print materials from the kit will also be
>> available at http://www.sesameworkshop.org/grief.
>>
>> Julia J. Benincosa
>> Note new web URL
>> Instructional Technology Coordinator