While my recommended resource is not a web site, you may find it of interest. A
novel, Santa Apache by Oleta Steward Toliver (who, herself, is of American Indian
heritage), has quite a bit about "healing herbs" as used by the Native Americans of
the Southwest. The book is the story of a young woman who became a "healer" (hence
acquiring the name "Saint Apache"), and it names plants that we out on the Plains
readily recognize but may not be aware of the early uses. What is unique about this
book is that even though it is fiction, it has a bibliography. Ms. Toliver wants
her readers to know that the stories, plants, legends, history of the time are
accurate, so she includes a bibliography of books and articles that were her
sources.

Although the story is fiction, it is well researched and is set in the time period
when the Native Americans and Spaniards were first encountering each other from the
Llano Estacado to the Santa Fe region. I enjoyed it as an adult, but I believe it
targets high school aged students.

[The author has another book, a non-fiction, An Artist at War (War and Southwest
Series, University of North Texas Press).]

Betty Dawn
--
Betty Dawn Hamilton (Using retired years to keep up with current events!)
LMS (Middle & High School)