**This message has been cross-posted to lm_net and PUBYAC**

        I am compiling a list of emergent and family literacy programs for
Maggie Kimmel, chair of Pitt's library science department. While we are
especially interested in public or school library-based programs, all
others are welcome.

        If you are involved with, or know of, an innovative program, we
would appreciate an e-mail with the following information:

        Program title
        Address
        Phone
        Project Director
        Brief (1 paragraph) overview

        Some of the main sources from which we have already obtained
program information include:

        Monsour, Margaret and Carole Talan. _Library-Based Family Literacy
        Projects._ 1993.

        U.S. Dept. of Education. _Family Literacy: Abstracts of Family
        Literacy Programs._ 1990.

Please reply directly to me. We will compile results and post to the list.

Lora Koehler
graduate student
SLIS, University of Pittsburgh
lora@icarus.lis.pitt.edu