LM_NETTERS,
     I would like to add that with your signature, instead of a quote,
you tell us your personal mission statement.

Bill Sears
I ensure that students and staff are Information Literate--the ability to
access, evaluate, develop and use information to solve problems and
communicate effectively.

On Wed, 6 Apr 1994, Sandra M Barron wrote:

> Sounds great to me too. With our service freezing up lately I have a lot
> of mail to get through also. It would really help to see a ? on
> information seeking messages.
> Sandy Barron
> Tomball High School
> Tomball, Texas             "Making a Difference"
>
> On Sun, 3 Apr 1994, Steve K. Grant wrote:
>
> > In trying to wade through 800+ messages today (I know...I'm a terrible
> > emailer!), it occurred to me that it might be helpful to all of us if we
> > started using a _question mark_ at the end of any header we post which is
> > _asking_ for information as opposed to _providing_ it.  For example...
> >         "Granger's on CD-ROM?" ...would be an inquiry asking if, say,
> > anyone has it, knows anything about it, can recommend it, etc., while...
> >         "Granger's on CD-ROM" ...would be an offering of information
> > about it.
> >    Whaddya think, folks?  Would this save _you_ time?  Like TARGET/HIT, it
> > might prove a useful tool we cook up ourselves as exploratory cybernauts.
> >
> >         Steve Grant, Library Media Teacher
> >         La Jolla High School (619) 454-3081 x228
> >         sgrant@ctp.org

Bill Sears, Information Technologist    * Phone (916) 971-5281
300 Crestridge Lane                     * FAX   (916) 971-5287
Folsom, CA 95630                        * <bsears@ctp.org
     I ensure that students and staff are Information Literate--the ability
to access, evaluate, develop and use information from a variety of sources
to solve problems and communicate effectively.

LM_NET Archive Home