Winter outside Boston is long and Spring is slow in coming. But there have been
snowdrops in yards, even through the snow, also yellow and purple crocusesin
sunny spots.  The sun has melted almost all the snow in my yard except for a
huge hunk by my bulkhead in the shade.  I expect to be able to cut off chunks
for ice tea in June.  I am just kidding, I hope.  I can see tulips pushing their
way through the ground and even a bit of green on the trees if I squint.  This
morning it poured rain and thundered and lighteninged.  Yes, Spring is coming to
New England.  And, of course, the Red Sox have won three games, in first place.

Janet Rawdon
Rawdonj@a1.mec.mass.edu

LM_NET Archive Home