On Thu, 7 Apr 1994, DIANE L. MEDVITZ wrote:
> ...How about we put

>                Subject:  Q:topic
>
> and Subject:  A:topic
>
> to indicate a question or an answer?
>
> Internet:  DMEDVITZ@ONONDAGA.BITNET.CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

Diane (et al), that might be even better.  If we get used to the fact
that--whether we're questioning, commenting ("C:topic"), _or_
answering, we have to think about the nature of our posting and code it,
it might help us all be more cognizant of our writing's impact on many
other people's mailboxes and time, and help us focus our writing toward
greater "meaning efficiency".
   Of course, as a perennial diahrrea-of-the-fingers keyboarder who can't
seem to stop rambling on (like this), I'm probably one of the worse
offenders.

        Steve Grant, Library Media Teacher
        La Jolla High School (California) (619) 454-3081 x228
        sgrant@ctp.org

LM_NET Archive Home