                                             April 9, 1994

Dear LM_NET Colleagues,

     As promised, during my lunch breaks this week, I have finally scanned
the handouts from Tier Two of the Science Rference Institute which was held
at Simmons College on March 18-19, 1994. Workshop presenters were  Dr.
Candy Schwartz and Dr. Ching-chih Chen  at         Simmons College Graduate
School of LIbrary and Information Science. Because participation was
limited, I decided to share these excellent handouts with SLMSs who could
not attend. I will be sending you four files. The message headers will be:

1. Sci_Ref-Tier 2 Handouts: Selection Tools (2 pages)
     A list of selection tools for electronic and optical science reference
sources prepared by Dr. Candy Schwartz.

2. Sci-Ref-Tier 2 Handouts: Readings and Resources-1 (3  pages)
     A list of readings and resources for electronic and optical science
reference sources prepared by Dr. Candy Schwartz.

3.  Sci-Ref-Tier 2 Handouts:Networking (9 pages)
     A list of networking resources for k-12, including  resources in
library media, and math/science prepared  by Dr. Candy Schwartz.

4.  Sci-Ref-Tier 2 Handouts:Multimedia (3 pages)
     A list of multimedia books, proceedings, and full length reports
prepard by Dr. Ching-chih Chen.

 Because I could not attend the Saturday workshops, I may have missed
additional handouts. If I manage to get any more information, I will
forward it later.

                              Sincerely,
                              Jane Constant
                              B.M.C. Durfee High School