To:  Steven Hodas <hodas@LUPINE.NSI.NASA.GOV>
     NASA K-12 Internet Project

  I was tempted to purchase Global Quest: the Internet in the Classroom
just to see that it really _does_ slam school librarians, as I have been
told.  I have decided against it.  I would like to state that when such
highly respected educators as Dr. Michael Eisenberg and Dr. Carol Mann
Simpson, along with many other members of LM_NET (the Internet discussion
group for school library media professionals) say that a particular
product is unreliable and misinforming, that is enough for me.  I will not
buy nor will I recommend it.

  By the way, I am a school librarian, and have introduced the Internet to
my school and many other schools and districts in my state and region.
For the past three years I have given dozens of Internet workshops and
seminars for teachers.  I have trained hundreds of teachers and staff on
the Internet. I often recommend NASA Spacelink and other NASA Internet
resources to my seminar participants.

  It has been my experience that in California and throughout the U.S.
school librarians are leading the way for K-12 educators into the
Internet.  I would think that it is beneath the dignity of NASA to take
cheap shots at any particular segment of the teaching profession,
let-alone those who are in the leadership of bringing the Internet to
their schools.

  I hope that NASA will give serious consideration to withdrawing the
video, and making appropriate changes.

Sincerely,

Peter
Peter G. Milbury        Library Media Teacher / Mentor Teacher
Co-owner of LM_NET:  The School Library Media Discussion Group
pmilbur@eis.calstate.edu       ~       Voice/Fax: 916-891-3060
Pleasant Valley High School, 1475 East Avenue, Chico, CA 95926