Forwarded by Gleason Sackman - InterNIC net-happenings moderator

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 1994 15:48:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: Nancy Morgan <nmorgan@ericir.syr.edu>
Subject:  Goals 2000

April 8, 1994

                  AskERIC Announces

                Goals 2000 Information
                        on the
                AskERIC Virtual Library

The latest, most up-to-date information from the U.S.
Department of Education pertaining to "The Goals 2000:
Educate America Act" can now be found on the AskERIC
Virtual Library.

The following documents, dated April 6, 1994,  are in the
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) directory (number 3
on the Main Menu):

3.  Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
    1.  Goals 2000 (April 6, 1994)/
        1.  The Goals 2000: Educate America Act
        2.  The Goals 2000: A Strategy for Reinventing Our Schools
        3.  The Goals 2000: Fact Sheet
        4.  Why We Need Voluntary National Education Standards
        5.  Preparing Students for the High-Wage Jobs of Tomorrow
        6.  Goals 2000: A World-Class Education for Every Child

To Gopher to the AskERIC site:

A.      If you have Gopher: Gopher to ericir.syr.edu (port #70) or

        1. Access the National Gopher System through:
           gopher.micro.umn.edu
        2. Move through the following directories:
                Other Gopher and Information Servers/
                North America/
                USA/
                General/
                AskERIC - (Educational Resources Information Center)

B.      If you don't have Gopher, telnet to a Gopher client on the
        Internet:

        1. Telnet to ericir.syr.edu
        2. Login as directed (usual login is: 'gopher')
        3. Access the National Gopher System
        4. Move through the directories as above.

To FTP to the AskERIC site:

1. Log into your local host, and invoke the FTP program.
2. Write ericir.syr.edu as the remote host computer name.
3. For username, enter anonymous
4. For password enter your email username (e.g. tomt@machine.edu)

LM_NET Archive Home