From Somerset Pennslyvania,
   Today my husband and I decided to surprise some of my students
by visiting them at their homes to collect overdue books (Great
excuse to traveling around the area, let alone the reputation
that you develop).  We got lost on the dirt roads that our rural,
mountain folk live on.  We were in areas that still have 18" of
snow in patches.  We ended up in Cumberland, Maryland where the
crotuses are beginning to develop a bud.  Some of the spring
birds have arrived (robins, sparrows, bluejays, redwing
blackbirds, herons and unknown twitty birds) but the spring-
beepers are still quiet.

Janet Johns
email  bbvschlib@hslc.org

LM_NET Archive Home