I've been sitting here puzzling why _both_ the TARGET/HIT and the ?/(.)
approach seem valuable.  I think it's that the TARGET/HIT system implies
that many responses will be valid or valuable and that a report to the
list will be appreciated.  I would see the  _Topic ?_ as good for
signaling questions, rather than comments, that are of immediate value to
the requester but will go no further.  Does this help?

Pat Bartoshesky                  Saint Edmond's Academy
<pbarto@brahms.udel.edu>         2120 Veale Rd.  Wilmington DE 19810-4199
 302-475-5370                    FAX: 302-475-2256

LM_NET Archive Home