Hi LM_Netters,

On Sun, 10 Apr 1994, Catherine Filipowicz wrote:

"Peter, Mike, and most everyone else, I'm sorry, I disagree, I can not
in all professional conscience write a complaint about something I
haven't seen myself...." and elaborated quite eloquently.

I have to agree with Catherine - how can we in our profession which
stresses intellectual freedom, due process and informed decision-making
start this kind of letter writing campaign?

We would be the first to holler if it was a community group protesting an
unread book on the basis of a single individual's advice.

I, for one, plan to watch the video and then decide whether it merits
comment. From what I've been reading about the video, it might be that it's
a bit too accurate for comfort in many cases.

P.S. The sounds of spring are with us in Minnesota - the sawing and
hammering of robins building little ladders to escape from potholes!

Doug

Doug Johnson, District Media Supervisor | Education:  the inculcation
Mankato Public Schools, ISD77           | of the incomprehensible into
Box 8713, Mankato MN 56001-8713         | the indifferent by the
incompetent.
507-387-7698                            | John Maynard Keynes
palsdaj@vax1.mankato.msus.edu           |

LM_NET Archive Home