Original message:

 > Our district is going to write a selection policy for
materials to be > used in the classroom.  We have a board approved
selection policy for > library materials but not for other materials.  I
would appreciate some > input:  1) Does your district have such a policy?
2) If so, would you > be willing to share (reply to me personally)?  3)
Are there model policies available?
Donna P. Miller                      dpmiller@tenet.edu
Coordinator Library/Media Services
Mesquite Independent School District
Mesquite, TX                         (882)5546
Nancy Elizabeth Prochaska said:
Subject: Re:
Instructional Materials Selection Policy I will send you a copy of ours.
Look for it!
Our school board has one materials selection policy. Since
it doesnt specify just library materials, it applies to all materials.
Karen Whetzel Shenandoah Co. PS, Va./
Joyce G.  Miller said:  Our district
has a board approved policy for textbook selection and library books.
You might want to check a book put out by People for the American Way,
titled Protecting the Freedom to Learn:  A Citizen's Guide.  Gary Joseph
KSW_JOSEPH@MEC.OHIO.GOV
 Donna Shannon's reply:
   I seem to have *misplaced* the address in Minnesota for the MEMO
publication, but if you email Al Lundquist <0833lund@ties.k12.mn.us>
he will send you the address. The publication is *Selection Policies and Reevaul
 ation Procedures* and
it costs $8.00.

LM_NET Archive Home