Dear colleagues:
        It's me again.  Our library committee (with 2 members
absent) met this morning to discuss the challenged book, LIVING
DOGS AND DEAD LIONS.
        Our middle school is grades 6-8, with a diverse
population--from cabins to country clubs.  The prolem our
principal wanted me to pose to you is this:
        How do YOU determine if books are "age appropriate" for
your school population?
        We have a selection policy that mentions
"appropriateness for age, interest and educational merit" but
the committee wants your opinions on how you accomplish this.

YOURS SINCERELY IN SUPPORT OF THE LIBRARY BILL OF RIGHTS,
JJ Towler
--

 Jeannine (alias JJ) Towler    jjtowler@uva386.schools.virginia.edu
   J.T. Henley Middle School, Route 1, Box 519, Crozet, VA  22932

LM_NET Archive Home