Certainly students who have half the library sitting at home shouldn't
really check out any more.  I hate to see denying access and forbidding
any checkout as a solution to overdues.   We have to live with overdues
and NOTHING seems to really solve that problem.  Forbidding checkout of
any more books seems to work at cross-purposes with encouraging students
to read as much and as many books as they can.  I hope at some point we
can put the "forgetters table" behind us.

LM_NET Archive Home