Dear LM_NETTers,

        I am high school student who is looking for the poem that was
read in A River Runs Through It by the Reverend Maclean and his
oldest son.  It was credited to Edna St. Vincent Millay.  Here are the
lines I have, could any one locate the entire poem?

        Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the
grass, of glory in the flower, we will  grieve not rather find strength
in what remains behind in primal sympathy in having been must
ever be in the soothing thoughts that spring out of human suffering,
in the faith that looks through death,   thanks to the human heart by
which we live, thanks to its tenderness, its joys, its fears,   to me the
meanest flower that blows can give thoughts that do often lie to deep
for tears.

LM_NET Archive Home