On Thu, 28 Apr 1994, Marsha Pfingsten wrote:

> Please tell me if this is a *Bad idea*
>
> I'm wondering about people on the LM_NET who do not have the ability to
> gopher.  We ( my computer assistants) are toying with the idea of offering
> a "service" where in you ask us to locate documents, etc with gophers and
> we e-mail the document to you. LM_NET members tell each other about neat
> sites all the time...but some of us evidently can't go there.
>
> If a gopher service would be useful to you, end me a reply to this message.
>
> If you think this is a bad idea, I'd be interested in your input also.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Marsha L. Pfingsten * Librarian * Ferguson/Florissant School District *
>   ** McCluer North H.S., 705 Waterford Dr., Florissant, MO, 63033 **
>   ** voice: 314-831-6600 ex 331 --- Fax: 314-839-3503 **
> Internet:<mpfingst@services.dese.state.mo.us>

Marsha, Are you familiar with Gophermail developed by Fred Bremmer? I
think it performs in a similar manner to what you described. You can send
a blank message to  a GopherMail server using e-mail and in return
receive the gopher menu which you mark indicating the items you wish to
see and then receive them back by e-mail and so on. Here are some
GopherMail server if you'd like to try it:
      gopher@calvin.edu
      gopher@join.ad.jp

                         Carolyn Wakefield
                         wakefield@northshore.ecosoft.com